If you run out of ideas for what to cook on keto, just remember that you can make a lot of easy low carb dishes with shrimp and zucchini.
Today we’ll show you how to make a creamy, soft and delicious shrimp alfredo dish with summer’s most popular vegetable: zucchini.
Just think of how many delicious varieties of foods become available if you change the main ingredient into the zucchini. Noodles, pancakes, lasagna, muffin, bread can all be modified and applied for keto dieting using zucchini.
One thing to remember while working in the kitchen with zucchini is that it doesn’t require a long time to cook. If overcooked, it will become too soft and soggy and lose all vitamin qualities.
Therefore, an average time for zucchini to get ready is just between 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness you choose and other ingredients.
Heavy cream and Parmesan cheese are one of the most classic French styled ways of making shrimp. It easy soaks in white, buttery substances by fully opening its aroma and becoming even tenderer.
This easy dish is better to be consumed immediately after freshly cooked since when it becomes cold or gets reheated, the shrimp will lose its qualities and zoodles will be completely destroyed.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Use a vegetable spiralizer to make the noodle shape from zucchini. Set aside.
In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter then add garlic, red pepper flakes and stir constantly for 1 minute.
Add shrimp into the pan and cook for 3 minutes until it becomes pink. Season with salt and pepper. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove the shrimp only and put in a bowl, set aside.
Add heavy cream, lemon juice, and Parmesan in the same pan and bring to boil.
Add zoodles to the pan and stir occasionally for 2 minutes. Place shrimp back to the pan and stir well.
Transfer everything in a serving plate and garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Spinach
- Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo with Crispy Bacon
Keto Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
- 1/2 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 small zucchini cut into noodles
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
For garnish (optional)
- chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese
- Use a mandoline slicer or a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles.
- Heat butter in a frying pan, add minced garlic, red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Throw the deveined shrimp into the pan. Sauté for around 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper, take out of the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan with shrimp juices add heavy cream, lemon juice, Parmesan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and cook for additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return the shrimp back to the skillet and mix well to combine. Add salt and pepper if needed, garnish with Parmesan and chopped parsley (optional) and serve immediately.