When did you last cook your meal in the skillet? If it’s been too long, then it’s time to break out your skillet! It is the best cutlery item for cooking eggs with sausage and cheddar cheese.
This recipe will take you ten minutes to prepare the ingredients and ten more minutes to cook. It’s the perfect weekday meal on a keto or low-carb diet.
It calls for eggs, sausage, and cheddar cheese. We recommend going with pasture-raised eggs and fresh sausage from your local butcher (as opposed to deli meat). Make sure your sausages have no added sugar, four or other non-keto ingredients.
The dish is rich in taste and seasonings, color and nutrition. It’s also very satisfying and will keep you full all morning long without any crashes!
It’s a traditional country breakfast with a modern, healthy spin. Go with this recipe the next time you’re craving a fast food breakfast sandwich.
Eggs make a great breakfast, but they aren’t always timely to cook. We love cooking with a skillet because you can throw everything in and cook it faster than other egg dishes.
To make this dish, blend together eggs and heavy cream. This will make the eggs rich and creamy. Cook the sausage and veggies in a skillet and add the egg mixture.
Let’s Do It!
To make, crack the eggs into the blender, pour in the heavy cream, season with salt and pepper and blend it all together until creamy.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sliced sausages and cook until done. Set aside.
To the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil. Saute cauliflower florets and onion. Season with garlic powder and cook for 5 minutes.
When the vegetables become tender, return the cooked sausages to the skillet. Stir and pour in the egg mixture.
Continue to cook the scrambled egg for 2 minutes by stirring it constantly. Finally, top with some shredded cheddar cheese then cover the skillet with a lid. Turn the heat to low and cook for another minute until the cheese is melted.
Once it does, take the lid off, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately while the dish is hot! We recommend enjoying this skillet dish with a hot cup of coffee for a perfect way to start the day.
You might want to try these keto sausage recipes too:
- Crock Pot Sausages and Peppers
- Creamy Green Cabbage with Sausage
- Sausage and Cabbage Skillet
- Pan Seared Sausage with Mashed Cauliflower
Sausage, Egg and Cheddar Breakfast Skillet
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 oz pork sausages sliced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- ¼ onion chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- Crack the eggs into the blender. Pour in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Blend everything together until homogeneous.
- In a skillet cook sausages in a ½ tbsp of olive oil until done and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same skillet, add onion and cauliflower florets, season with garlic powder and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return sausages to the skillet, stir and pour in egg mixture.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes or until eggs almost set. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar.
- Lower the heat, cover the skillet with a lid and continue to cook until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!