No Bake 3-Layer Mousse Cake with Blueberry, Strawberry and Vanilla
This cake is an absolute gem. Don’t be intimidated by its look, it is easy to make and it would be a show piece on your table. It has airy and light texture and very refreshing since served chilled. Note: just make it a day before the occasion so it could be chilled overnight in a fridge.
This triple layer keto mousse cake consists of 3 layers: blueberry, vanilla and strawberry. The gluten-free crust is made of coconut flour, almond flour and hemp seeds.
This is a no-bake cake, except the crust. The toppings only require you to chill them in the fridge to set.
If this sounds complicated to make, you can simply try a simpler version, which is this Blueberry Vanilla Mousse Cake without Crust.
You can substitute chocolate for any of the 3 layers and it will still work. Or you can simply make a chocolate mousse cake.
This low carb and sugar-free mousse cake can be made for special occasions such as family and friends reunion.
Let's Ketofy It!
Start making the crust:
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. After melting the butter, pour this in the mixture. Crack the egg into the mix as well. Knead thoroughly to obtain a crumb-like texture.
Prepare your cake form. Preferably, use a springform to remove it easily once the cake is set. Flatten the crust on the base of the form and create a side border.
Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven preheated at 350 F. When the side border turns golden brown, remove from the oven. Baking time depends on the thickness of the crust you made. Once done, put the crust aside to cool entirely before adding any layers on top.
Making the blueberry layer:
Start by making blueberry purée. Set this aside. Place 2 cups of heavy cream in a bowl. Whip until it increases in volume but still runny enough. Put the softened cream cheese into the bowl. Avoid overbeating the mixture. Pour the purée in the mixture. Alternatively, pass the purée through a sieve to remove unnecessary seeds and pulp.
Prepare the gelatin according to the instructions in the packet. Add this to the mixture. Fold thoroughly. The outcome should be a runny mixture, not stiff peaks of whipped cream. Spread the final mixture on the crust. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours just to firm the cake.
Making the vanilla layer:
Put the heavy cream, your preferred sweetener, and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk together to make a runny mixture. Mix in the prepared gelatin. Add the final mixture on top of the blueberry layer. Take it back to the fridge to firm it.
Make sure that before pouring the next layer on top of the bottom layer, the bottom layer should be firm and hard enough to hold the next layer. This is to avoid mixing the flavors.
Finally, prepare the strawberry jello layer:
Purée your washed strawberries. Mix well with the boiled cooled water. Add more water as necessary to produce a mixture enough to cover the entire top of the cake. Pass the mixture through a sieve to remove any unwanted seeds and pulp. Mix in the gelatin as well. Stir everything together. Add this on top of the vanilla layer.
Chill the cake again. Serve after 6-8 hours in the fridge. After slicing a piece, here’s a sneak peek in the inside of the cake. Take a look at one piece of the cake. With a sharp knife, cut the cake into about 10 wedges. Serve with your favorite tea or coffee.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Low Carb Mousse Cake
For the Crust
For The Blueberry Layer
For The Vanila Layer
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter and add to dry ingredients. Add an egg. Mix well. You should get a crumbs-like mixture.
- Take a cake form (spring form is preferred; it is easier to remove it once your cake is done). Press down crust mixture to the bottom and make a side border.
- Put in a preheated 350 F oven for 10 – 15 min or until you see the border starts getting a nice brown golden colour. Time in the oven also depends on the thickness of your crust. Once it is done, let it stand and cool completely.
- Puree blueberry. Whip 2 cups of heavy cream, don’t make it very firm, it should have some volume but still be runny. Add softened cream cheese to whipped cream, don’t over beat it, we are not making butter. Add blueberry puree (you can run it through a sieve to remove seeds and extra pulp, but it is optional). Mix well.
- Prepare gelatin by mixing 1 envelope of Knox Unflavored Gelatin will gel 2 cups of hot water in a bowl. Stir constantly until the gelatin is fully dissolved. If using different brands, follow the instruction on the package.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the gelatin and mix well. Your final mixture should be a bit runny, not stiff picks of whipped cream. Pour mixture over the crust (make sure cake form and curst is completely cool). Put it in a fridge for a few hours to firm up.
- Whip heavy cream with vanilla and sweetener of your choice. Mixture should be a bit runny, not firm. Prepare gelatin as the above step. Mix the gelatin mixture with vanilla mixture then pour on top of the blueberry layer. Send it for a few hours to the fridge to firm up.
- Note: before adding every next layer make sure bottom layer is fully hardened to hold the next layer. You don’t want them to be mixed. Be patient and you will be rewarded with a nice cake.
Strawberry Jello Layer
- Pure Strawberries, add boiled cooled water, mix well (adjust amount of water to make sure it would fully cover your cake) Run it through the sieve to remove pulp and seeds. Add prepared gelatin (as instructed in the above step). Mix well. Pour on top of vanilla layer.
- Send the cake to the fridge to chill. After 6-8 hours, the cake is ready to be served. Enjoy with your tea/coffee.