There are so many different recipes for low-carb pancakes. This one calls for coconut flour, sour cream, and eggs. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more water or coconut milk.
Vanilla extract can be replaced with other fruit flavors for a new and exciting aroma. Top with Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, or low-carb pancake syrup.
If you’re not a big fan of coconut flavor, you can replace the coconut flour with almond flour and add some almond milk to the recipe. The taste will be absolutely perfect.
I also like to add one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to neutralize the flavor of stevia. This is totally optional.
Let’s Ketofy It!
In a medium bowl, put all the dry ingredients and mix them well. Put aside for later.
Prepare a large bowl for the sour cream, water, vanilla extract, and butter. Whisk the ingredients together for 2 minutes. Crack the eggs into the mixture one by one while stirring continuously. Fold the mixed dry ingredients into the mixture for an additional 3 minutes.
Heat a nonstick skillet brushed with oil over medium-high heat. Pour a tablespoonful of the batter onto the pan. Fry for 2 minutes then turn the pancake over once the bubbles disappear and one side looks nice and golden. Cook for another minute.
Serve right away in a plate.
- Keto Collagen Protein Blueberry Pancakes
- Keto Basil Infused Savory Pancakes
- Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream with butter, vanilla extract, and water. With well on high for 2 minutes. Now add eggs, one at the time, beating constantly. Finally, add dry ingredients and continue to beat for 3 more minutes.
- Grease a non-stick skillet with some oil and heat up over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of the batter into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles disappear. Flip and continue to cook for one minute.
- Serve immediately.