This classic vanilla pudding with coconut milk and fruit topping is simply irresistible. It’s very simple to make and it will be a perfect afternoon snack or a dessert. With only 1.8 grams of net carbs, this vanilla pudding is a true keto diet superstar. Give it a try!
This recipe is a perfect base to experiment with different flavors and aromas. You can replace the vanilla extract with strawberry, raspberry, or any other extract you love.
For the topping, we like to use different berries but in small quantities because they can easily add carbs to your pudding and you don’t want that.
Berries are one of the few fruits allowed on a keto diet as they are lower in sugar than other fruits. Additionally, they are an excellent source of fiber to decrease net carbs.
Berries contain unique antioxidants known as anthocyanins that are responsible for providing vibrant colors.
Research shows that they help protect against liver injuries, significantly reduce blood pressure levels, improve eyesight, prevent mutations caused by mutagens from cooked food, suppress human cancer cells, and provide powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties (1).
Coconut milk also adds to the nutrition of this recipe. Research shows that the fats in coconut milk helps decrease “bad” LDL cholesterol while raising “good” HDL cholesterol (2).
It also provides a creamy texture, along with the heavy cream, and helps increase the bioavailability of berries in this recipe.
Let’s Do It!
Whip all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour this mix into a larger mixing bowl containing the egg whites, heavy cream, and coconut milk. Whisk the mixture together for 3 minutes on high setting.
Prepare a deep heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the mixture into the pot. Cook for only 3 minutes while stirring. Distribute into serving glasses and let cool to room temperature for a few minutes.
Chill in the fridge for an hour then serve.
- Keto Strawberry Meringue
- 2-Layer Blueberry Vanilla Mousse Cake
- No Bake 3-Layer Mousse Cake with Blueberry, Strawberry and Vanilla
Keto Vanilla Pudding
- Place all dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add heavy cream, coconut milk, and egg whites. Beat well on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a deep, heavy-bottomed pot. Heat up over medium-high heat and briefly cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer to serving glasses and chill to a room temperature.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.