Cauliflower is the perfect low-carb food. It’s an absolute must when it comes to kitchen staples as it can be used to make a variety of foods that are normally off-limits on the keto diet, including potatoes, rice, and pizza crust.
Some people enjoy eating cauliflower simply because they enjoy the taste of it. If you’re not one of those people, then you need to try this recipe. We guarantee it will change the way you feel about cauliflower for good!
Our low-carb and keto-friendly Instant Pot Cauliflower recipe is the perfect side dish for your steak, chicken, or fish. It’s also delicious enough to be eaten as a snack or appetizer in place of a salad. Got picky kids who won’t touch a vegetable? We bet they will if you serve them this.
To make, you will need a head of cauliflower, grated Parmesan, garlic and chili powder, dried basil, parsley, oregano and thyme, sea salt and black pepper.
If you need a reason to eat more cauliflower, then we’ve got a few. As one of the best vegetables for keto, cauliflower is a sulfur-containing, cruciferous vegetable, which has been shown to help detox the body and protect against cancer (1). Next, it’s a great source of the antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, which help protect against cardiovascular disease (2).
For the sauce (which is optional but so deliciously recommended!), use olive oil, fresh parsley, dry oregano, a garlic clove and chili flakes, lemon juice and lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
The healthy fats in this recipe from the olive oil help increase the bioavailability of the antioxidant nutrients in the cauliflower. This helps ensure that you’re absorbing as many disease-fighting nutrients as possible.
Plus, the herbs provide even more vitamins and antioxidants. You’ll get some vitamin C with the lemon, along with a touch of sweetness while the chili powder delivers capsaicin to help boost your metabolism.
You should be able to fit a whole head of cauliflower in your instant pot. Keep in mind you’ll need to finish the cauliflower in the oven.
In our Instant Pot recipes, we use the instant pot 3-Quart Duo Mini 7-in-1. It’s super easy to use. Just follow the recipe instructions and enjoy!
Let’s Do It!
Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Transfer to the fridge and chill.
Combine the olive oil, half of the grated Parmesan, and spices in a bowl and stir.
Wash the cauliflower head and pat dry. Run the olive oil and herb mixture on the bottom half of the cauliflower, then flip it and apply the other half.
Add ¾ cup of water to the instant pot and place a trivet at the bottom. Put the cauliflower head on top, close the lid, and set the valve to “sealing.”
Press “pressure cook” and cook on high for 2 minutes. Then do a quick release and remove the lid.
Transfer the cauliflower head to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan. Broil for 5 minutes or until the head is golden brown.
Cut the head into slices and spoon the chilled sauce over. Serve.
More Low-Carb Cauliflower Recipes You Can Try:
Instant Pot Cauliflower
For sauce (optional):
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp dry oregano
- ¼ chili flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp lemon zest or to taste (optional)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the sauce (optional): add chopped parsley, dried oregano, minced garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper into a bowl and toss to combine. Pour in olive oil and lemon juice. Add lemon zest and stir well. Transfer to the fridge to chill.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, half of grated Parmesan, garlic powder, chili powder, basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rinse and pat the cauliflower dry. Place it onto a plate upside down and rub with half of the prepared olive-parmesan mixture, then flip and rub with the remaining mixture.
- Pour ¾ cup of water into the instant pot. Place a trivet into the bottom of the pot and place the cauliflower head on the trivet. Close the lid and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press “pressure cook” (manual) and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes. When cooking is done, do a quick release and open the lid.
- Set your oven to broil. Transfer the cauliflower head onto a baking sheet covered with foil, parchment paper, or baking mat. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and broil for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cut the cauliflower into thick slices or wedges. Plate the cauliflower and spoon chilled sauce over it. Serve immediately. Enjoy!