Devil eggs, also known as stuffed eggs, are extremely popular all over the world and served as an appetizer or as a side dish of turkey, chicken or meat. They are exquisite, easy and quick to prepare. We will show you how to make a funny version for Halloween so your family and friends can enjoy.
The egg we use should be at room temperature. If they are very cold (ie. you store them in the fridge) the shell can break in the pot when boiling.
For mayonnaise, you can make your own using this homemade mayonnaise recipe we have.
Take a photo and share it with your friends on social media. Don’t forget to tag us @KetoVale. We’d love to see your result!
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Halloween Deviled Eggs
- Toss a teaspoonful of salt in a deep pot with water, filled halfway through. Let it boil.
- Using a spoon, gently drop the eggs into the boiling water. Leave to boil for only 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl with ice water. Transfer the boiled eggs to this bowl to cool the eggs. Break off the shell with extra care.
- Slice the eggs into a lengthwise motion to make two halves. Spoon out the yolks in each egg.
- Transfer the removed yolks to a small bowl. Combine them with the mustard, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with the cayenne pepper and minced onion. Mix to combine entirely.
- Stuff the halved egg whites with the produced yolk mixture. Use a piping bag (or pastry bag) or simply a teaspoon to do this.
- Slice the olives in half, lengthwise. Get creative with the olives to make a spider. One half is the body while the other half should be the tiny legs.
- Lay these spiders on the eggs and enjoy eating!