This simple avocado bacon deviled eggs recipe is a creative way to enjoy several common keto foods as well as incorporate good healthy fats into your diet. Instead of eating bland boiled egg and avocado, you can combine these two together to create an amazing looking dish.
Avocado is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Plus, the green color of the avocado blends really well with the yellow color of egg yolk. The final product is creamy and packed with flavors. The bacon bits add perfect crispiness.
Deviled eggs are an awesome appetizer for parties and they make a great keto snack.
There is no mayonnaise needed for this recipe. However, you can add mayo or another low carb sauce of your choice.
Keep in mind that many store brands of mayo and other sauces contain added sugars, preservatives, and vegetable oils. For this reason, I recommend making your own at home or buying a keto-friendly brand from a health foods store.
To ensure you’re getting the most out of this recipe, go with organic, pasture-raised eggs. This means that the hens have access to pastures and freedom to graze on the land as nature intended. They are also less likely to be treated with antibiotics and other chemicals, which produces a more vibrant colored egg yolk than conventionally-raised eggs.
Bacon can also be highly inflammatory if you don’t buy the right kind because it’s a processed meat. Look for organic, pasture-raised bacon that does not contain antibiotics, hormones, nitrates, or added sugars.
Let’s Do It!
First, you need to hard boil the eggs. This should take about ten minutes. Once hard boiled, allow the eggs to cool. Peel and slice in half.
Slice the cooked bacon strips into fourths.
Remove the egg yolk and put it in a bowl with the oil and avocado. Mash these ingredients with salt and pepper.
Fill each egg half with avocado and top with a piece of bacon.
Serve and enjoy!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Simple Keto Deviled Eggs
- Spider Web Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Wrapped Egg Stuffed Avocado
- Bacon Egg and Avocado Savory Fat Bombs
Avocado Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Boil the eggs in a pan filled with water for around 10 minutes until they are hard boiled. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before peeling off the shells. Slice into two portions.
- Spoon out the egg yolk and place in a bowl along with the avocado and oil. Mash the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Quarter the bacon strips and set aside.
- Fill the egg halves with a spoonful of the avocado mixture and place a piece of the bacon strip on top. Garnish with chives and paprika (optional)
- Serve and enjoy.