Today we want to present you with a healthy and delicious Creamy Turkey Skillet recipe that will probably become your favourite recipe ever.
You do not need any extraordinary ingredients to prepare this culinary masterpiece, but we recommend you purchase some high-quality turkey meat. Look for turkey that is organic and raised without antibiotics or hormones.
Turkey is known for its dietary properties and the ability to normalize digestive processes. Besides, this type of meat is easily absorbed by the body.
To add exquisite aroma and taste, we use button mushrooms. Mushrooms are low in calories as they consist of 90% of water. They also contain 18 amino acids, which is impressive for a plant-based food! Amino acids are needed to help build protein and lean muscle mass.
To make our turkey creamy, we use bone broth and heavy cream. These ingredients make the perfect combo and add more healthy fats.
This recipe takes approximately 40 minutes to cook, but it’s worth it! You can make this ahead of time and put it in the fridge for weekday lunches or dinner.
Don’t let the prep or cook time of this dish turn you off. It’s incredibly easy to make. You need to allow time for the meat to cook and absorb all the spices you add to it! You can make this dish several days ahead of time and let it sit in your fridge. Doing so will allow the turkey to become more flavorful.
Let’s Do It!
First, melt a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan. Brown the turkey pieces, season them with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Heat another tablespoon of butter and cook diced onion until softened. Then add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes.
Return the turkey meat to the skillet, pour in bone broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Use garlic powder and dried rosemary to add unbelievable taste to the meat.
The last step is to add heavy cream and heat the dish for two more minutes. Pour remaining sauce from skillet over the meat and serve immediately.
You can eat this dish as is or with your favourite low-carb vegetables, such as broccoli, kale or spinach.
More keto turkey recipes:
Keto Creamy Turkey Skillet
- 1 lb turkey meat cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 oz mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup bone broth
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp rosemary dried
- 2 tbsp butter
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add turkey pieces and cook 8-10 minutes or until browned. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat, add diced onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Return turkey pieces to the pan. Add garlic powder, dried rosemary, bone broth and simmer for another 10 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately.