Today we will explore another delicious way to cook bell peppers. We are making stuffed peppers with ground turkey, egg and cheese. You can use this recipe for poblano pepper or jalapeño instead of bell pepper.
For this recipe, we use ground turkey meat. You can always use other types of ground meat such as beef, chicken or pork.
This is a super easy, tasty, and healthy lunch or dinner. It’s very quick to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of work involved as the oven will do most of the cooking.
Feel free to to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat your available oven to 425°F.
- Half the bell pepper and spoon out the seeds. Transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté the ground turkey and flavor with a pinch of salt and pepper. Leave for 5 minutes until the meat is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the cooked turkey into two and stuff it in the half pieces of bell pepper. Pour the tomato pureé and a cracked egg on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before placing on a baking dish.
- Bake for about 10 minutes till the cheese is set and melted, almost brownish. Remove from the oven and serve.