Today we will explore another delicious way to cook bell peppers. We are making stuffed peppers with ground turkey, egg, and cheese. You can use this recipe for poblano pepper or jalapeño instead of bell pepper.
Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C. They also have a high water content and provide a good amount of fiber, which can help keep your digestive system functioning properly.
For this recipe, we use ground turkey meat. You can always use other types of ground meat such as beef, chicken, or pork.
Make sure the ground meat that you use comes from organic, grass-fed sources to limit the amount of antibiotics, chemicals, and hormones you are exposed to.
This is a super easy, tasty, and healthy lunch or dinner. It’s very quick to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of work involved as the oven will do most of the cooking.
You can serve this dish with a small side salad for a complete meal or enjoy it as it. Experiment with different colored bell peppers (orange, green and red), which contain different types of carotenoid pigments to boost your antioxidant content!
Feel free to to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Before working on your ingredients, set your oven to preheat at 425°F.
For this recipe, choose a large bell pepper and cut it in half. Remove the seeds, transfer to a separate plate, and set aside the clean halves.
In a frying pan, pour enough amount of olive oil and let it heat. Once ready, sauté the ground turkey and season it with salt and pepper. Stir the meat occasionally and let it cook for 5 minutes.
Next, fill the half pieces of bell pepper with the cooked meat. Pour over the tomato puree and crack an egg over it. After that, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of it and place it on a baking dish.
Put the dish into the preheated oven and wait for 10 minutes for the cheese to set and melt until it is completely brown. Once ready, remove it from the oven and enjoy your baked dish.
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 100 g ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper or poblano pepper
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your available oven to 425°F.
- Half the bell pepper and spoon out the seeds. Transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté the ground turkey and flavor with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the meat is cooked while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the cooked turkey into two and stuff it in the half pieces of bell pepper. Pour the tomato pureé and a cracked egg on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before placing on a baking dish.
- Bake for about 10 minutes till the cheese is set and melted, almost brownish. Remove from the oven and serve.