One of the best things about the keto diet is that you can still have dessert. Everyone has a sweet tooth, and we know you have one too! With this sugar-free Baked Ricotta Dessert with Raspberries, you will satisfy your cravings.
This dessert originally comes from Italy, but we changed some of the ingredients in the recipe to make it keto friendly.
The primary ingredient needed in this dish is the ricotta. This cheese is a cut above the rest because of the plethora of vitamins and minerals it contains. It is rich in protein and contains vitamins A, B, calcium, zinc, a high concentration of phosphorus, and low amounts of sodium.
We also eliminated sugar from the ingredients and replaced it with erythritol instead. This sweetener does not have carbohydrates and calories, perfect for your keto diet.
If erythritol is not available, you can always substitute it with stevia sweetener or experiment with no sweetener at all.
To make the dish extra special, add in various kinds of berries available in your kitchen if you like.
You can customize this dessert to suit your non-keto friends and family too. This dish is perfect for any occasion in your home. We’re sure you’re going to have fun making this dish just like how you enjoy eating it.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Set the oven to 350 F to preheat.
In a large bowl, add the lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract, ricotta, cheese, and 1 ½ tbsp of erythritol. Whip everything together to create a homogeneous mixture.
Distribute this mixture evenly into souffle cups or ramekins, whichever is available. Fill only ¾ of the cup then garnish with raspberries on top.
Place the cups in the oven and leave it for 25 minutes or wait til the cupcakes turn lightly golden.
While waiting for the cupcakes, mix the remaining erythritol with the whipping cream until smooth.
Remove the cups from the oven and let stand to cool for 5 minutes or so.
Squeeze some whipped cream on top of the cupcakes before serving.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Baked Ricotta Dessert with Raspberry
- 1/2 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup raspberries frozen or fresh
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp So Nourished Erythritol divided
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, egg, cinnamon, lemon zest, vanilla extract and 1 ½ tbsp erythritol, mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between souffle cups or ramekins. Cups should be 3/4 full. Top with raspberries.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with ½ tablespoon of erythritol.
- Remove desserts from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.