Would you like to make an unusual dish with a festive flavor, low-calorie ingredients and delicious taste? How about something nutritious and light at the same time?
We’ve got the perfect recipe for you. It’s our 2-Minute Reuben in a Bowl. You’ll need corned beef or ham, whichever you have on hand, and sauerkraut, Gouda cheese, sour cream, and a few key spices. Let’s get started.
First, place corned beef in the bottom of a bowl and sprinkle it with onion flakes, caraway seeds, chilli flakes and olive oil.
Corned beef is low in calories but high in fat, which makes it an excellent keto food. It’s also an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. So, don’t worry about putting on weight. Besides, it is rich in essential minerals like zinc, iron, phosphorus, selenium, and copper.
Make sure you look for a brand of ham or corned beef that does not contain gluten. Our 2-Minute Reuben in a Bowl is just the dish to make corned beef one of the healthiest foods.
As for cabbage, it has many nutrition benefits, among which are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, cancer prevention, digestive tract support and cardiovascular support. If you are trying to improve your diet, cabbage is a great way to go.
Sauerkraut is essentially fermented cabbage. During the fermentation process, beneficial probiotics or ‘live bacteria” are produced, and these probiotics are what give sauerkraut most of its health benefits.
This healthy ensemble is accompanied by olive oil, so you can feel good about the dietary properties and nutrition facts concerning the ingredients. Cook and enjoy!
Let’s Do It!
To start, put the meat in a bowl and sprinkle with spices and olive oil. Mix the spices and olive oil into the meat.
Cut the cabbage and sauerkraut into shreds.
Add the shredded cabbage and sauerkraut into a separate bowl then add to the bowl with the meat.
Microwave for about one and a half minutes and mix together with a fork. Top with cheese and return to microwave. Heat until cheese is melted.
Top with sour cream, caraway seeds, and serve!
More Low-Carb Cabbage Recipes You Can Try:
- Cabbage Fish Taco Bowls with Avocado
- Creamy Green Cabbage with Sausage
- Lasagna Cabbage Rolls with Beef
Keto 2-Minute Reuben Bowl
- 3 oz corned beef or ham
- ⅓ cup cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup sauerkraut
- ½ tsp onion flakes
- ¼ cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Place corned beef or chopped ham in the bottom of a bowl. Sprinkle with onion flakes, caraway seeds, chilli flakes and olive oil and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix shredded cabbage and sauerkraut and add to the bowl with seasoned beef.
- Microwave on high for 1 ½ minute.
- Remove from microwave and mix with a fork.
- Top with Gouda cheese and return to the microwave for another 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Top with a tablespoon of sour cream, some more caraway seeds and serve immediately.