If you love red velvet cheesecake, this low carb version is for you. To decorate, we whip heavy cream and sweetener and add a strawberry.
Note: We used three 4” springforms. It took about an hour for the cakes to be ready. We used Convection Bake option for the oven.
You can use different form sizes and decorate whichever way you prefer. You can use this recipe to make Red Velvet Cupcakes as well.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning the pictures to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Red Velvet Cheesecake
For The Crust
For The Crust
- Melt the butter then add all of the remaining ingredients for the crust in a mixing bowl. Knead until well-combined.
- Evenly press the crust mixture on the base of a parchment paper covered baking form.
- Leave the form in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The oven must be preheated at 350°F.
For The Filling
- Remember to let the cream cheese cool down to room temp. Remove it from the fridge an hour or so before making the filling.
- Use a mixer to combine the softened cream cheese together with the cocoa, sour cream, vanilla, and sweetener. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl one by one. Blend thoroughly to create a homogeneous mixture. Include the red food coloring while blending.
- Mix the xanthan gum into the batter as well.
- To bake the cheesecake, prepare a pan/form that is larger than the form you used for the cake. You can use a roast pan for this. Wrap a piece of foil around the base of the cake form. Place the smaller form inside the roast pan. Pour some boiling water in the roast pan enough to reach the middle of the cake form.
- Transfer the filling on top of the crust.
- Place in the oven that was preheated at 300°F. Set the temperature from 350°F to 300°F when the crust is ready. Remove from the oven when the edges set and the center becomes jiggly.
- Let stand to cool before chilling in the fridge overnight.
- Once fully set, top with any desired decorations.