Keto Creamy Hot Chocolate with Butter
If you are missing the warm, creamy and comfort taste of a delicious hot chocolate, here we offer you a low carb alternative for your regular hot chocolate.
The process is pretty simple by just adding all ingredients into boiling water and let it dissolve, but the variations are limitless.
Think about changing your butter for almond butter or coconut butter, it will add some exotic flavor into your palette and together with a mix of crushed nuts and berries – a totally new drink. Keto energy bars also will taste good dipped in this hot chocolate.
If you will dry and feel like it’s too sweet or something lacing, try adding a hint of peppermint and lime zest. It will replace the buttery taste with something more exotic, the contrast of taste in one plate (or cup) is what makes real cooking shine and develop in your mouth.
This is just a basic sugar-free hot chocolate recipe which you can change according to your taste. We use unsweetened cocoa powder, butter, boiling water and a tiny bit of vanilla extract.
Some excellent alternatives and additions you can try are:
- Replace boiling water with hot unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk)
- Add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream for extra creaminess and milky taste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of this MCT powder for good fats and foamy texture. As you already know, MCT provides a great deal of energy, mental performance and helps you with ketosis. Having MCT powder in this drink is a great way to boost your energy level.
- Add 1 tablespoon of this Keto Collagen for extra frothy texture and taste. Collagen also has many incredible benefits for your skin, hair, and nails. If you’re experiencing hair loss, aging skin or digestive and gut issues, collagen can help.
Note: You can turn this drink into cupcake by simply making it in a heatproof cup, adding few spoons of almond flour and one small egg, put in the oven for 15 min. The delicious, keto positive chocolate cupcake with nuts or coconut topping is here!
Let's Ketofy It!
Get all your ingredients ready.
In a tall blender cup, add unsalted butter, cocoa powder, water and vanilla extract in and blend for 25 seconds or until foam forms.
Pour in a cup and enjoy.
Watch how we made this here:
Keto Creamy Hot Chocolate
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Combine all ingredients in a tall blender cup and blend for 25 seconds or until foam forms.
- Pour in a cup and enjoy.