Keto Roasted Pepper Chicken Fillets
These vibrant and somewhat spicy chicken fillets are a perfect opportunity to try something new and exciting.
Thinly sliced fillets are marinated in the finest olive oil, herbs, and spices, and then roasted in its own marinade. Serve them warm or chill to a room temperature and use as a base for a wonderful chicken salad. Enjoy!
Let’s Ketofy It!
After washing the meat under cold running water and drying it with a kitchen towel, set on a cutting board. Chop the chicken to make thin slices, about half an inch thick. Put this on the side.
Stir remaining ingredients in a bowl to make the marinade.
Soak the meat in the mixture and coat the entire chicken fully. Set a lid on the container. Chill in the refrigerator for half an hour up to 2 hours.
Prep the baking sheet you will use. Cover it with parchment paper then set aside for later. Meanwhile, preheat any available oven at 350°F.
Take out the fillets from the fridge and pour them onto the baking sheet along with the marinade. Leave to bake for 10-15 minutes then flip to bake the other side for 5 minutes.
Best enjoyed while fresh and hot from the oven. Reserve the leftovers to use for your favorite chicken salad recipe. Before storing, make sure they are wrapped tightly in aluminum foil to prevent drying. Serve with your favorite low-carb salad.
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Mushroom Sauce with Cauliflower Patties
- Keto Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Lemon, Salt and Pepper
Roasted Pepper Chicken Fillets
- Rinse the meat under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Using a sharp cutting knife, slice into approximately half-inch thick slices. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine olive oil with lemon juice, chili powder, cumin powder, peppercorn, dried oregano, and sea salt.
- Submerge fillets in this mixture and cover. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to two hours).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line some parchment paper over a baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the fillets from the refrigerator and transfer onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining marinade and bake for 10-15 minutes. Turn over and continue to cook for five more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator and use for your favorite chicken salad recipe. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in aluminum foil before refrigerating. This simple trick will prevent them from drying out.
- Enjoy with your choice of law-carb salad!
- 1/3 cup oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt