Grilled beef liver is perfect for all meat-based diets, especially low carb, keto and carnivore diets. In stead of stir-frying liver and onions, why not grilling them?
Soft beef liver with crispy grilled flavor is so perfectly beautiful and delicious that I’m sure you’ll love it. Just one slice of tasty liver supplies 40 percent of your daily value for protein.
Liver also supplies essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Make sure to use the best possible pieces and to brush them with your favorite low-carb grill marinade.
Since you’ll be working with liver, we recommend taking the time to find a clean cut of meat that comes from organic, pasture-raised sources. This should limit the number of toxins, pesticides, and chemicals (such as hormones or antibiotics) that the animal has been exposed to.
Serve warm with some fresh vegetables or protein bread of your choice. If you want to learn how to cook beef liver in such a way that not only it will taste amazing but also juicy, try this recipe!
The liver, as well as organ meats in general, is an excellent source of many different vitamins and minerals. It provides huge amounts of vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin K12, iron, and copper.
These essential nutrients are extremely important for our overall health and the ability of the body to clean itself. Minerals are also needed to carry out important enzyme reactions in the body.
Furthermore, it’s a rich source of proteins and a wonderful choice for your next barbecue party. We recommend brushing it with some more oil, garlic powder, and finely chopped parsley right before serving. This, of course, is optional.
Let’s Do It!
Set the stove to medium-high heat and place a large grill pan over the heat.
Thoroughly wash the liver under cold running water to eliminate the blood stains. Dry with a kitchen towel before cutting out the tough veins if there are any. Slice them crosswise to make thin portions.
Mix the remaining spices in a bowl until fully combined. Rub the liver with generous amounts of the mixture. Place them on the grill pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side. Enjoy warm!
- Chicken Liver Pate – Keto Friendly
- Keto Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Keto Grilled Steak Rolls
Grilled Beef Liver
- 1 lb beef liver cut into thin slices
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Rinse the liver thoroughly under cold running water. Make sure to wash out all the blood traces. Pat dry with a paper towel. Using a sharp knife, remove all tough veins, if any. Cut crosswise into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil with crushed garlic, mint, salt, and pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Generously brush the liver slices with this mixture and grill for 5-7 minutes on each side.