Kiss My Keto’s Products Review
One of the best things about the ketogenic diet is that it’s absolutely free, aside from the price of food that you already have to buy anyway. In other words, you don’t need nutritional supplements to get into ketosis, but they sure do help!
The ketogenic diet has skyrocketed in popularity over recent years. Since then, many companies have started selling products and keto supplements that make it easier to get into ketosis. As you may have noticed, many of these products can be expensive, which may leave you wondering whether or not you need them. You may not even be sure what they are supposed to do.
We tried some of the best-selling ketogenic supplements at Kiss My Keto and we’ll share our thoughts with you here.
Read on to find out why supplementing on the ketogenic diet can help you reach your goals and discover which products from Kiss My Keto can help make your journey easier.
Why Use Keto Supplements?
Before taking any keto supplements, we strongly suggest you to follow the keto diet strictly by sticking to a keto plan and eating keto foods. Once you start reaping all the benefits of ketosis, then you might want to ask yourself if you want to take your keto lifestyle to the next level by adding supplements.
As we mentioned above, you can naturally achieve nutritional ketosis by getting about 70 percent of your calories from fat, 20 percent from protein and less than five percent from carbs each day. This will prompt your body to burn up all the stored glycogen it has and then switch over to burning fat as fuel.
You can measure your ketone levels to make sure you’re fully fat-adapted and no longer using glucose, which can spike your insulin levels and cause you to store excess “energy” as fat.
Each of these methods has their own benefits. For example, measuring your blood is the most accurate way to measure your ketone levels while urine strips and breathalyzers are cheaper, easy to use, and more convenient because they travel well.
Lots of ketogenic dieters use nutritional supplements to help them get into ketosis or just make the ketogenic lifestyle easier. For example, you can use an exogenous ketone supplement to make sure you’re keeping your ketone levels up.
Exogenous ketones are man-made ketone bodies that your body uses as if it naturally produced them itself.
Research shows that when you take exogenous ketones, it boosts your levels of ketone bodies in your blood, which is what you use as fuel and to burn fat while in ketosis. Most people take exogenous ketones in powder form because it’s easy to add to water or smoothies, but you can also take them in capsule form.
They are the type of healthy fat that you find in coconut oil.
Research shows that MCTs help you produce more ketones by rapidly oxidizing fatty acids, which are used as energy when you’re in ketosis. They also have additional benefits, such as reducing inflammation, helping keep your weight under control, and improving cognitive and digestive functions.
Kiss My Keto Product Overview
Kiss My Keto is a company that was created by two guys named Michael and Alex after being frustrated that they couldn’t find any products to fit their macronutrient needs at local grocery stores. They offer a wide variety of keto products that include the following:
- Keto coffee and creamers
- Keto bars that come in several different flavors
- Exogenous ketones (capsules and powders; with and without caffeine options available)
- Exogenous ketones with electrolytes
- MCT oil
- Keto burn appetite control
- Keto protein
- Keto Replenish for electrolyte support capsules and powders (good for keto flu symptoms)
- Keto Stabilizer for blood sugar control
- Keto Focus for brain and memory support
- Ketone urine test strips
In addition to offering high-quality products, Kiss My Keto has an extensive blog, which you can read. They also offer an ambassador program where you can get discounts and earn cash if you apply to become a partner.
There are three different ambassador options: rep, influencers, and health professions. All options require you to advertise and promote the company to earn money. If that’s not your thing, you can always join their keto club to stay connected.
We had the pleasure of trying some of their best-selling products. Here’s what we reviewed and what we think about each product.
Exogenous ketones are one of the most popular ketogenic supplements on the market, so we were very picky when critiquing this product. The Kiss My Keto pink lemonade powder has an enjoyable and refreshing taste, which is a nice treat when you can’t normally have anything sweet on a low-carb diet.
It uses a BHB propriety ketone blend, which is the most abundant type of ketone in the body and is easily absorbed. The BHB blend also contains the salt compounds calcium and sodium.
This enhances the taste of the blend and makes it easier to take compared to ketones in their raw ester form, which usually taste terrible. Other ingredients in the powder contain citric acid, malic acid, natural flavors and stevia.
We like that the powder is sweetened with stevia, which contains no calories and is derived naturally from the stevia plant unlike its synthetic no-calorie sugar alcohol counterparts.
We noted that the citric and malic acids give the powder a bit of a sour aftertaste, but we would rather see these as preservatives than other synthetic options. It would be nice to know what natural flavors are added to the powder, but we like that there are no artificial flavors in the product.
Exogenous ketones are extremely easy to take in powder form. You can add them to a glass of water or even a smoothie. They are pretty easy to take on an empty stomach or you can use it as a pre or post workout drink. It can be dangerous to use exogenous ketones if you are not in ketosis or are trying to get into ketosis, so make sure you’re not taking this product while also eating a high-carbohydrate diet.
A one-scoop serving contains the following:
- 40 calories
- 1142 mg of calcium or 87 percent of your daily recommended value
- 1341 mg of sodium or 58 percent of your daily recommended value
- 14.7 grams of BHB blend
Here are some pros and cons.
- Contains 14.7 grams of propriety keto blend per scoop
- Contains 1142 mg of calcium per scoop or 87 percent of your daily recommended value
- Sodium and calcium helps out with keto flu symptoms and enhances the flavor of the powder
- Sweetened with stevia instead of sugar alcohols
- Contains no gluten, artificial ingredients, soy, dairy, or added sugars
- Can easily be added to a glass of water and taken on an empty stomach
- Helps support mental and physical performance by giving you an energy boost
- Boosts ketone levels almost immediately
- Malic acid and citric acid give the powder a bit of a sour aftertaste
The powder includes the same propriety BHB blend, but this time with the addition of phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. The calcium and sodium levels are less than the first product, but you’re getting more minerals in this one.
The addition of electrolytes is handy for several reasons. First, it helps keep your hydration levels balanced. This can help you out with the keto flu or even just help you feel hydrated throughout the day. Many people get headaches when they aren’t properly hydrated, so this would be one way to conquer that. It also tastes fantastic, thanks to the addition of more mineral compounds.
The lemon-lime electrolyte powder contains the same BHB blend, citric acid, malic acid, stevia, and natural flavors that the lemonade powder does, but there are a few more ingredients.
These include less than two percent of silica, natural coloring from spirulina extract and curcumin, and a gum blend made of guar gum, xanthan gum, and gum acacia. We don’t like the use of any additives in food, but unfortunately, you won’t find many powders without some form of them.
Xanthan gum is an emulsifier that helps thicken up the powder while the gum blend acts as a preservative to extend its shelf life. We like that the coloring is naturally derived from spirulina extract and curcumin as opposed to artificial colors, but it still looks like the same white powder that’s in the lemonade powder to us!
One scoop provides the following:
- 35 calories
- 922 mg of calcium or 76 percent of your daily recommended intake
- 61 mg of phosphorus or 4 percent of your daily recommended intake
- 78 mg of magnesium or 18 percent of your daily recommended intake
- 820 mg of sodium or 36 percent of your daily recommended intake
- 160 mg of potassium of 3 percent of your daily recommended intake
- 3.1 mg of zinc or 28 percent of your daily recommended intake
- 11.7 grams of BHB blend
Here are some pros and cons.
- Contains zinc chelate, which is a highly absorbable form
- Helps keep you hydrated
- Reduces the symptoms of keto flu
- Contains several key minerals, including phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and potassium
- Contains natural flavors and coloring from spirulina extract and curcumin
- Does not contain added sugars, soy, gluten, dairy, or artificial flavors
- One scoop provides 11.7 grams of BHBs
- Easy to use: just add to water
- Can be taken anytime of day with or without food
- Provides an energy boost whenever you need it
- Can be taken before or after exercise to boost electrolyte levels
- Tastes great!
- Sweetened with stevia instead of sugar alcohols
- Not suitable for those who are allergic to guar gum, xanthan gum, and gum acacia.
The 32-ounce bottle of unflavored MCT oil might be our favorite Kiss My Keto product yet. It comes in a glass jar with a plastic cap and a removable pump for easy use and accurate measurements. The oil came carefully wrapped inside bubble wrap and its own separate box so that it would not break during transit.
In case you’ve never tried MCT oil before, here is the nutritional breakdown of one tablespoon or three pumps:
- 130 calories
- 15 grams of fat (saturated fat, no trans fat)
- 0 grams carbs
- 0 grams sugar
- 0 grams fiber
- 0 grams protein
The reason why we love this product so much is because it contains 100 percent pure MCT oil from 100 percent organic coconuts and nothing else. There are no fillers, preservatives, or added ingredients. We love products that contain one ingredient only!
As we mentioned earlier, you can use MCT oil to help boost the ketone production in your body. It’s a great alternative to exogenous ketones if you’re not sold on them yet.
Keep in mind that MCTs do not convert to ketones in the body as quickly as exogenous ketones because they still need to be metabolized whereas exogenous ketones are already in ketone form and do not need to be broken down. For this reason, you may want to incorporate both exogenous ketones and MCT oil into your diet for best results.
Plus, it couldn’t be easier to use MCT oil. You can add it to your keto coffee or use it in place of whatever oil you currently use to cook. Of course, you won’t want to heat MCT oil to extremely high temperatures as it may kill off some of the healthy properties in the oil.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about it.
- Contains 100 percent pure MCT oil from organic coconuts and nothing else!
- No fillers, preservatives, or ingredients other than MCT oil
- Comes in a big bottle so that you can use it in place of whatever oil you currently cook with
- MCT breakdown is 99.2 percent C8 and 0.8 percent C10
- Includes a removable pump for easy use and measuring accuracy (one tablespoon is three pumps)
- Clear color won’t change the look of food that you add it to
- Can be used in place of exogenous ketones to boost ketone production
- Should be consumed raw if you want the most benefits from the oil, which can make it hard to cook with
#4. MCT Softgels
If MCT oil isn’t something you enjoy, then you might be tempted by the MCT softgels. Taking a supplement in capsule form is usually a great way to get what you need without any fuss. You don’t have to cook with these or add them to your coffee.
You can just pop a few (three to be exact) when you need an energy boost and be on your merry way. That’s why we like these MCT softgels from Kiss My Keto.
We also like that they use the same organic MCTs that are derived from organic coconuts, just like the oil. So it’s the same product, just in capsule form. Another thing we like is that there aren’t too many fillers or junk ingredients in the capsule, which is something we look for in capsule coatings as this is a good place to hide cheap ingredients. The only ingredients used in the capsule softgel are gelatin, glycerine, and water.
The only thing that could make the capsules better is if the gelatin was derived from grass-fed sources. We would also like to omit the glycerin, but this is an ingredient that is commonly found in many soft capsules so it’s hard to get around.
The good news is that there are no other ingredients in the product aside from these. Keep in mind that the softgels don’t contain as much MCT power as the oil, so you might want to stick with the oil if you’re really in need of a ketone boost.
We recommend taking the MCT capsules first thing in the morning along with your multivitamin and other supplements to help absorb them.
Here is the nutritional breakdown of one serving size of three capsules:
- 25 calories
- 3 grams of fat
- 0 grams carbs or protein
- 3 grams of MCT oil
- Contains MCT oil derived from organic coconuts
- Contains no cheap fillers or additives in the capsule
- Provides 3 grams of MCT oil per serving along with 0 carbs
- Easier than the oil to travel with
- Provides 55 percent C8 and 45 percent C10 of MCTs per serving
- Can be taken on an empty stomach
- Does not contain as much MCT as the oil
- The capsules are rather large and you have to take three of them per serving.
- We would like the gelatin to be from grass-fed sources
#5. Urine Strips
Urine strips might seem like a pretty simple thing to review, but some products are easier to read than others. We found that the urine strips from Kiss My Keto gave fairly accurate and easy-to-read results, which is a luxury considering the location you’re using them from.
You can use urine strips by either urinating directly on the strip or urinating in a cup and then dipping the strip inside. Most people use urine strips several times a day while they are out and about, so they don’t always have time to urinate in a cup. The Kiss My Keto urine strips were fairly long so they were easy to use quickly.
The results took about a minute to show up, which is a little longer than we’d like. We also noticed that you have to hold the strip in your urine flow for several seconds to make sure you get a good reading.
You’ll also need to make sure you carry around the color chart that goes with the urine strips so you can compare your results, but this is consistent with any strips you use. We liked that the Kiss My Keto color chart used different shades of one color (pink) to tell you whether or not you are in ketosis.
Some strips use an entire rainbow of colors and its hard to compare your results to. After a few tries, you should be able to memorize the color chart so that you know where your levels are at just by looking at the strip.
Overall, the urine strips worked just fine. We recommend adding them on to your order the next time you make a purchase from Kiss My Keto. You won’t be disappointed, and you can’t go wrong by testing your ketone levels several times a day.
- Strips are long and easy to use when you’re on the go
- Color chart was easy to read
- Medical grade strips
- Instructions were clear and easy to understand
- Results took about a minute to pop up
- Like all urine strips, you’ll need to store them in a plastic contain away from daylight and be careful about how many you take out at one time to preserve their sensitivity.
You can get into ketosis by following the keto diet alone, but supplements are a great way to make your ketogenic lifestyle easier. Two of the most common types of keto supplements are MCT oil and exogenous ketones. Both of these supplements help boost ketone production in the body, which can help you burn fat as fuel and stay in ketosis.
We had the pleasure of reviewing these as well as a few other supplements from Kiss My Keto, which is a ketogenic company founded by two guys who were tired of the lack of ketogenic options at their local grocery store.
The exogenous ketone powders from Kiss My Keto both had a refreshing taste to them. We liked that they used stevia in place of sugar alcohols to sweeten their products. Both had a good amount of salt compounds, which helped further enhance the flavor. We recommend using the lemon-lime exogenous ketone powder with electrolytes to stay hydrated throughout the day or after a tough workout. Both powders can be added to water and taken on an empty stomach.
Our favorite product from Kiss My Keto was the MCT oil, which came in a 32-ounce glass bottle and had a removable pump to go with it. This made it very easy to measure the oil. We loved that is derived from organic coconuts and had no other ingredients in the oil.
The MCT oil softgels used this same MCT oil, but the quantity of MCT was much less than the oil. Use the capsules if you want convenience and a quick boost of ketones without having to take MCT oil or a jar of exogenous ketone powder along with you.
Finally, we tested the Kiss My Keto urine strips and found them to be accurate and easy to use. We liked that the color chart featured one color and was easy to read, unlike most keto companies that use an entire rainbow to tell you whether or not you’re in ketosis. The results were ready in about a minute, which is a bit longer than we would have liked. But you can’t beat the convenience of using urine strips!