Chicken is your go-to-meat when you’re keto. This soft meat can absorb different marinades and sauces so it gives a lot of space for experiments.
Although be careful while preparing chicken in instant pot, due to its softness you don’t want to overcook it, but if you using different meat with this recipe consider changing the cooking time.
You can also use fish filets with the same recipe but cut the time to 40 minutes as long as it’s fresh you’re good!
While putting all ingredients in instant pot, we recommend to just crush garlic with a flat blade and leave it like that in a pot. Crushed gloves will give away the aroma and absorb seasonings so later you can eat garlic too or using it as part of the decoration for the side dish.
If you don’t want to add cheddar at the end, you can also put cubes of cheddar on top 10 minutes before finishing cooking and use them as a side dish.
The good thing about this recipe is that it can be reheated and every time you can use a different sauce. For breakfast, a light chicken with greens, for lunch chicken with spinach and Asian sauce and for dinner French styled with cream cheese.
Do you have an instant pot at home yet? If not, check this convenient Instant Pot DUO60.
It’s a 7-in-1 multi-uses which you can use as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté, and warmer.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Cut chicken into medium-size pieces and transfer them to the instant pot.
Combine all the seasoning and spices in a bowl then sprinkle over the meat.
Next, add lemon juice, garlic, sour cream, water in the pot and mix well.
Put the lid on and turn on the instant pot. Choose the “saute” mode and cook for 2 hours.
When the time is up, remove the meat and shred it, transfer back to the pot and add cheddar in. Stir well so the cheese can melt in the hot chicken and broth from chicken meat.
You can top with freshly chopped dill or scallions and serve with a low carb side such as cauliflower rice, a bed of spinach or zoodles.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Keto Caprese Hasselback Chicken Breast
- Pan-Fried Chicken Breast with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Keto Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
- Chop the meat into medium-size pieces and put into the instant pot.
- In a small bowl mix onion powder, red pepper flakes, himalayan salt and black pepper and sprinkle over the meat.
- Add minced garlic, lemon juice, sour cream, water and stir well.
- Turn the instant pot on, click “saute” and cook for 2 hours.
- When done cooking, take the meat out and shred well, transfer back to the pot, add shredded cheddar and stir well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped dill (optional).
- Serve with keto rice, zucchini noodles or on a bed of spinach.