Chicken can be prepared in a myriad of ways, so we love experimenting with it. Here, we’re proposing to you a simple and delicious recipe with mushrooms and parmesan sauce. Mushrooms are excellent vegetables to eat on a keto diet – apart from them being very tasty, they have only 2.3 net carbs per 100 g, and are one of the few foods that contain Vitamin D.
You can always substitute mushrooms with another low-carb vegetable, such as zucchini, eggplant, or broccoli (by slightly adjusting the cooking time in step 1 depending on the vegetable).
Instead of olive oil, you can use another oil or fat that is suitable for cooking, for example ghee.
If you have the time, we recommend marinating the chicken in 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. soy sauce and ¼ tsp. of black pepper for 2 hours prior to cooking. If you want the sauce thicker, you can add extra sour cream and parmesan.
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plans + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55" size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/[/thrive_text_block]/p>
Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushrooms
- Sauté the mushrooms in heated oil for about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and put aside.
- Drop the minced garlic in the same pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in the minced garlic. Leave for 7-9 minutes until the meat is almost ready.
- Pour the broth into the pan gently.
- Stir the cooked mushroom into the chicken. Add the parmesan, sour cream, and ground black pepper into the pan. Mix to combine. Simmer for an additional 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl.