Chicken Creamy Lemon Mushroom Sauce with Cauliflower Patties
I love this dish because is easy to make and has many variations. It’s a great dinner option for both cold and hot weather and you can almost always change the ingredients using items that you already have on hand.
A few tips will give you all you need to have a fail-free recipe:
- When searing the meat, it is very important that the oil is hot to avoid the meat sticking to the pan.
- Cook it until you have that nice golden brown crust and when the meat comes out easy from the pan (no pulling please).
- You can use butter or coconut oil instead, but if you choose butter, make sure the heat is not too high otherwise it will burn.
A nice chance for this recipe is using balsamic vinegar, or a good quality wine vinegar in place of the lemon juice/zests.
The mushrooms can be substituted by capers, olives, or fresh tomatoes (remove the seeds or use grape size), or all together. And you can use any herbs on hands, such as basil, thyme, or oregano.
If you are looking for a dairy free version, coconut milk can be a great substitute for the heavy cream. It will also make a delicious combination of fish instead of chicken. I would recommend a flaky fish such as trout, flounders, or snappers.
Serve it on a beautiful platter with a side salad or my favorite recipe for Cauliflower Parmesan Patties. Enjoy it!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Easy Creamy Shredded Chicken with Spinach and Bacon
- Keto Shredded Butter Chicken